Here, we provided to Solvent Extraction Hand Written Note For BSC. Solvent extraction also called liquid-liquid extraction (LLE) and partitioning, is a method to separate compounds based on their relative solubilities in two different immiscible liquids. Immiscible liquids are ones that cannot get mixed up together and separate into layers when shaken together. These liquids are usually water and an organic solvent. Free download PDF Solvent Extraction Hand Written Note For BSC.
Organic compounds are then quite easily separated from the mixture with inorganic compounds in an aqueous medium by adding benzene, chloroform, etc. Upon shaking, these separate into two layers. Since organic compounds have their distribution ratio largely in favor of the benzene phase, more of them would pass into a non-aqueous layer. Finally, this non-aqueous layer is removed and distilled to obtain the purified compound. Free download PDF Solvent Extraction Hand Written Note For BSC.
Solid-liquid extraction is a type of extraction that is performed between the solid and liquid phases. Here, the solute phase is solid which is dispersed in the solvent (liquid) and mixed. Or in other words, the solute is transferred from a solid phase to a liquid phase. Solid-liquid extraction is a method that is used mainly to remove soluble components from solids using a solvent. Some of its applications include leaching of metal salts from ores, simply brewing coffee, or obtaining oil from oilseeds. Free download PDF Solvent Extraction Hand Written Note For BSC.
BOOK NAME – SOLVENT EXTRACTION HAND WRITTEN NOTE FOR BSC
SIZE – 9.46MB
PAGES – 20
Types of Organic Solvents
Based upon the structure and the functional group, the different types of organic solvents are as explained below-
- Aliphatics solvents– These solvents belong to the class of alkenes. They are said to be nonpolar in nature. Some applications of such solvents include oil extraction, paint, dye, pharmaceuticals, polymerization, and adhesives.
- Aromatic solvents– These like the aliphatic are said to be nonpolar solvents. They are utilized as industrial solvents for adhesives, paints, printing inks, extraction processes, decreasing, insecticides, etc.
- Carbonyls solvents– These include esters. They are said to exhibit polar properties and are used in nail paint removers, electronic cleaners, circuit boards, decaffeination, glues, and also in food flavoring substances. Free download PDF Solvent Extraction Hand Written Note For BSC.
Properties of Organic Solvents
Organic solvents do exhibit various physical and chemical properties as given below-
- Organic solvents are volatile in nature– Volatile solvents are those which have the ability to vaporize. Organic solvents possess these properties. Due to the nature of volatility, organic solvents release smell when released into the air.
- Organic solvents exhibit a low boiling point– Organic solvents are said to have very low boiling points. Due to this low boiling point, they are highly volatile.
- Organic solvents are colorless liquids– These are clear liquids and have lower molecular weights. Free download PDF Solvent Extraction Hand Written Note For BSC.
Applications of Organic Solvents
Organic solvents find their uses in different areas. These are used in coatings, polishes, as a paint thinner and remover(toluene), as cleaning agents, as a nail polish remover(acetone, ethyl acetate, methyl acetate), as industrial as well as consumer degreasers, detergents, perfumes, spot removers and also in various chemical syntheses and processes. Free download PDF Solvent Extraction Hand Written Note For BSC.
Friends, if you need an eBook related to any topic. Or if you want any information about any exam, please comment on it. Share this post with your friends on social media.
DISCLAIMER: HUNT4EDU.COM does no longer owns this book neither created nor scanned. We simply offer the hyperlink already to be had on the internet. If any manner it violates the law or has any troubles then kindly mail us or Contact Us for this(hyperlink removal).
We don’t aid piracy this duplicate grows to be supplied for university youngsters who’re financially bad but deserve greater to examine. Thank you.