Here, we provided to NIT Surathkal College Review. National Institute of Technology, Suratkhal (NIT Suratkhal) is ranked 21st in the Engineering category by NIRF 2019. It is one of the leading engineering colleges in the country with a student strength of 4,688 and a large, diverse, and highly accomplished faculty of nearly 400 members. The institute is recognized UGC and approved AICTE. It is one of the oldest and pioneer Technical Institutions in India. NIT Surathkal offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in various specializations. Free download PDF NIT Surathkal College Review.
The National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007 lists thirty-one institutes. Each NIT is autonomous, linked to the others through a common council (NIT Council), which oversees their administration and all NITs are funded by the Government of India. The Minister of Human Resource Development is the ex officio Chairperson of the NIT Council.
These institutes are among the top-ranked engineering colleges in India and have one of the lowest acceptance rates for engineering institutes, of around 1 to 2 percent. The language of instruction is English at all these institutes. As of 2019, the total number of seats for undergraduate programs was 21,133 and for postgraduate programs, 10,550 in all the 31 NITs put together. Free download PDF NIT Surathkal College Review.
BOOK NAME – NIT SURATHKAL COLLEGE REVIEW
SIZE – 2.98MB
PAGES – 6
NIT Surathkal Ranking:
National Institute of Technology Surathkal is one of the top engineering institutes in the country, because of which it has received several rankings from recognized platforms. Some of these are as follows:
- Ranked 21st in the Engineering category by NIRF Ranking 2019
- Ranked 63rd overall by QS Ranking 2020
- Ranked 10th in Engineering category by Outlook Ranking 2019
- Ranked 14th in Engineering category by The Week Ranking 2019.
- Ranked 5th in Engineering category by Times Engineering Ranking 2019
- Ranked 14th in Engineering category by Jagranjosh Ranking 2019
NIT Surathkal Admissions:
Mentioned below are the selection criteria followed by the Insitute to take admission in various courses.
- B.Tech – Admission to the B.Tech. The program is done on the basis of marks acquired by a candidate in 10+2 (Science Stream) or equivalent and JEE Entrance Exam. Final Selection to the program is based on the allocation of seats through JoSSA Counselling (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
- M.Tech and M.Sc – Selection is made on the basis of the GATE Entrance exam score acquired by the candidate. Final selections to M.Sc. will be based on Written Examination/ Personal Interview conducted by the Institute.
- MBA and MCA – Admission in the programs is done on the basis of merit scored in CAT/ GMAT and NIMCET for MBA and MCA respectively. Final Selection to the MBA program is based on the candidate’s performance in Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by NITK. Whereas allocation of seats for MCA is done through NIMCET Counselling.
- Ph.D. – Selection to Ph.D. programs is done on the basis of academic performance as well as an aptitude test and interview conducted by the respective departments.
NIT Surathkal Scholarships:
Scholarships are offered to deserving candidates on ‘merit’ and ‘merit-cum-means’ basis.
- Merit Scholarship: Awarded to top 5 candidates in order of merit in the JEE Main Entrance Exam. Provided that candidates score more than 90% marks in 10+2. The amount of scholarship will be Rs. 10,000 every year.
- Merit-cum-means Scholarship: Awarded to top 50 candidates in order of merit in the JEE Main Entrance Exam. Provided that candidates score more than 70% marks in 10+2 and their family income is below Rs. 4.5 lakhs p.a. The amount of scholarship will be Rs. 2,000 per month.
- Full-time research scholars are eligible for a fellowship of INR 25,000 for the first two years and INR 28,000 for the remaining two years on satisfactory progress.
- 150 Institute’s fellowships are available at the Institute level which is flexible for department-wise allocation.
- Full-time sponsored candidates may receive complete financial support including stipend, contingency grants, and project expenses from the sponsoring organizations
NIT Surathkal Placements:
NIT Surathkal offers Placements to candidates on the basis of the marks acquired consistently over the years in their respective courses. The students were successfully placed for the previous batch. They got jobs in top corporations in the industry. Top recruiters include Bosch, ITC, Deloitte, Blue Star, Hero, HSBC Bank, Philips, Myntra Design, Coal India Ltd., Cerner, Indian Navy, Make My Trip, Freudenberg, JP Morgan, Coca-Cola India, Tricon Energy, Oracle, Dell, Amazon, Adobe, etc.
During the placement season of 2018-19, about 270 companies visited the campus. UG placements reached 92% and PG placements were at 54% in campus recruitment. Almost all of the students from Computer Science and Information Technology branches have been placed with an average annual package of INR 18 LPA. The highest domestic package was worth INR 42 LPA offered by DE Shaw from Hyderabad.
NIT Surathkal Facilities:
National Institute of Technology Surathkal is one of the best engineering colleges in the country and lives up to its reputation by ensuring that all students receive a quality education as well as best in class facilities
- The college features a Central Computer lab that is fully equipped with the latest technology.
- Bank and Post Office facilities are also available to students, faculty, and staff.
- There are a medical facility and qualified medical staff that is dedicated to attending to all healthcare needs of students
- A shopping complex is available on the campus for fulfilling the daily needs of students, faculty, and staff.
- Open Air Theater with an intake capacity of 1000 people.
- The institute houses an Auditorium with an intake capacity of 1200 people
NIT Surathkal Faculty:
National Institute of Technology has a large and diverse faculty of 384 highly qualified members, out of which 293 members hold Ph.Ds in their respective fields from reputed national and international universities. The faculty at NIT Surathkal is highly accomplished and has considerable experience and expertise in their disciplines. All the members are cooperative and supportive towards students and encourage them to maintain curiosity and thirst for knowledge, outside of the syllabus as well. The faculty members follow new and innovative ways of running concepts across the students so that they can understand their subject matter in a more efficient way. The faculty consists of professors, assistant professors, associate professors, and other members.
Friends, if you need an eBook related to any topic. Or if you want any information about any exam, please comment on it. Share this post with your friends on social media.
DISCLAIMER: HUNT4EDU.COM does no longer owns this book neither created nor scanned. We simply offer the hyperlink already to be had on the internet. If any manner it violates the law or has any troubles then kindly mail us or Contact Us for this(hyperlink removal).
We don’t aid piracy this duplicate grows to be supplied for university youngsters who’re financially bad but deserve greater to examine. Thank you.