Here, we provided to NIT Rourkela College Review. National Institute of Technology, Rourkela (NIT Rourkela or NITR), formerly Regional Engineering College, Rourkela is a publicly funded premier institute of higher learning for engineering, science, and technology located in the steel city of Rourkela, Odisha, India. It is one of the 31 National Institutes of Technology in India and has been recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007. It is ranked 16 in the NIRF Rankings 2020 of Indian engineering universities. Free download PDF NIT Rourkela College Review.
The National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007 lists thirty-one institutes. Each NIT is autonomous, linked to the others through a common council (NIT Council), which oversees their administration and all NITs are funded by the Government of India. The Minister of Human Resource Development is the ex officio Chairperson of the NIT Council.
These institutes are among the top-ranked engineering colleges in India and have one of the lowest acceptance rates for engineering institutes, of around 1 to 2 percent. The language of instruction is English at all these institutes. As of 2019, the total number of seats for undergraduate programs was 21,133 and for postgraduate programs, 10,550 in all the 31 NITs put together. Free download PDF NIT Rourkela College Review.
BOOK NAME – NIT ROURKELA COLLEGE REVIEW
SIZE – 2.18MB
PAGES – 9
About NIT Rourkela:
National Institute of Technology was established in the year 1961 and located in Rourkela, Odisha. It has been approved by AICTE and accredited by NAAC. It was formerly known as the Regional Engineering College Rourkela. NIT is a publicly funded premier institute for higher learning in the field of engineering and technology.
It is one of the 31 NITs in India to be recognized as an ‘Institute of National Importance’. The foundation stone of the Institute was laid by the 1st Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru. NIT Rourkela is located about 7 km away from the railway station and the closest airport is Ranchi at a distance of 172 km.
NIT Rourkela Ranking:
Given below are some of the recent achievements by the institute for the year 2019:
- Ranked 2nd among NITs and 12th best technical college in India by MHRD
- Ranked 38th in the overall ranking by NIRF
- The Insitute ranked among 801-1000 in The World University Ranking 2020
- Ranked 19th among Engineering Indian institutions by the Outlook
- Ranked 27th as per QS University Ranking in overall rankings
- Ranked 13th among engineering colleges in India by The Week
NIT Rourkela Placements:
The training and placement department is headed by a senior faculty member who manages all the placement activities. Its excellent infrastructure supports each and every stage of the placement processes in arranging pre-placement talks, written tests, group discussions, interviews, etc. Every year NIT Rourkela offers 50 paid internships during the summer for 2 months to students across the country. Free download PDF NIT Rourkela College Review.
NIT Rourkela Facilities:
With a gigantic 647 acres of campus area, NITR is equipped with all the modern amenities. Given below are the details for the same:
- Library: The institute has a wide collection of 84,000 books and 20,000 back volumes of periodicals. The central library, known as Biju Patnaik Central Library, is automated with integrated library software called Libsys.
- Computer Centre: It offers round to clock services to the students with the latest infrastructure supporting research facilities.
- Hostels: The Institute offers residential facilities to both male and female students. It has a total of 11 hostels which includes 7 boys’ hostel, 2 girls’ hostel, and 2 married hostels (only for research scholars).
- Cafeteria: The campus has a couple of canteens namely the Calorie canteen, SLR canteen, Hexagon, and Campus Cafe. All of these provide quality food to the students on all working days. Meals are available at very nominal rates.
Friends, if you need an eBook related to any topic. Or if you want any information about any exam, please comment on it. Share this post with your friends on social media.
DISCLAIMER: HUNT4EDU.COM does no longer owns this book neither created nor scanned. We simply offer the hyperlink already to be had on the internet. If any manner it violates the law or has any troubles then kindly mail us or Contact Us for this(hyperlink removal).
We don’t aid piracy this duplicate grows to be supplied for university youngsters who’re financially bad but deserve greater to examine. Thank you.