What’s after 10th?? Here is everything that you need…
WHAT IS CAREER GUIDANCE?
Career guidance is the process of helping individuals (school/college students or professionals) in making adequate educational and occupational choices and in making career decisions based on the demand and requirements of future work.
Career guidance helps individuals make a shift from the general understanding of life and work to a more specific understanding of the realistic and practical career options that are available to them.
According to Collins dictionary, “Career Guidance refers to the advice and information about careers that helps individuals, esp. young people, decide on a career and also teaches them how to pursue their chosen career.”
The process of career guidance for students involves helping them to achieve their identified career options or acquire their professional goals. The role of a career guidance expert ranges from acting as a guide to leading the entire course of action. What’s after 10th?
Take, for example, a student who is pretty sure about what he wants to do, says he wants to become an Architect. So, proper career guidance would help him choose the right stream in 10th class, what entrance exams he should prepare for, which colleges to seek admission to and what scholarships are available for him. What’s after 10th?
WHY IS CAREER GUIDANCE IMPORTANT FOR STUDENTS?
- Career is a much larger and significant part of our lives today and any decision in terms of career planning now has to be taken with the utmost attention. With numerous courses, certifications, colleges, and job opportunities available, choosing the right career path could become intimidating for students.
- An adequate choice of career will not only offer an effective job opportunity but allows a student to embrace a satisfactory and respectful lifestyle. Also, the desired career path engages an individual making them more informed, confident, and dedicated. Hence the importance of career guidance and counseling cannot be ruled out.
- Lifestyle and personality are the reflections of one’s values and mostly, the professional life one leads. When we grow up, our personal choices, goals, and future plans start revolving around the kind of job we have and the flexibility it can offer.
- India is a developing country and its power lies in young minds. They must understand the importance of career guidance to make an informed decision regarding their career progressions. To help students reach their maximum potential, that’s where the need for career counselors comes up. • Career counselors act as the backbone of the education sector and empower students in making the right career choices early on in their lives.
- Career counseling or career guidance process involves individuals (school or college students or professionals) exploring various career options, understanding more about the opportunities, and analyzing their career prospects and earning potential. The process also includes an all-inclusive career assessment test that evaluates individuals’ interests, strengths and weaknesses, ability/aptitude, personality traits, and capabilities. What’s after 10th?
- Career counseling in India is still not the most preferred choice for students and parents alike. Sheer lack of awareness and understanding of the importance and benefits of career counseling is one of the many reasons why career counseling is not the first choice for both the students and parents. The road toward the right career path originates from the right approach and knowledge of the future trends and prospects of different career clusters. What’s after 10th?
STRATEGIES THAT HELP CHOOSE THE RIGHT STREAM AFTER 10TH:
You have to incorporate multiple factors that support informed decision-making when selecting your stream and career path. See below the different strategies that help choose the right stream after the 10th:
- Incorporate suggestions from parents, teachers, friends, and relatives
- Get professional career guidance/counseling
- Attend Education fairs, workshops, and seminars
- Update yourself with career and education news
- Identify personal strengths and preferences- aptitude, personality, values, interests, personal goals, ambition, etc.
WHAT’S AFTER 10TH CLASS?
What AFTER 10TH IN SCIENCE:
The subjects studied in this course are Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer along with English and a vernacular language, depending on the board and medium you opt for.
If you choose Medicine over Engineering then the subject offered other than the above-mentioned is Biology. It has career choices in two courses which are Engineering and Medical Sciences.
WHAT’S AFTER 10TH IN COMMERCE:
Best for Business, commerce is known as the second most popular stream. If you are fascinated by numbers, finances, and economics, commerce is for you. The stream has promising and handsomely paying professions like Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, Accountants, Investment Banking, and Financial Advisors. However, one has to enroll in professional courses in the respective domains after completing class 12. These include B.Com, BBA, BMS, BBM, CFA, CA, ICWA, CFP, etc. Subjects include Business Economics, Accountancy, Business Study, and Business Law. Besides, basic knowledge of accounting, auditing, income tax, marketing, and general business economics will also be imparted. Compulsory language subject/s will be there. What’s after 10th?
WHAT’S AFTER 10TH IN ARTS / HUMANITIES:
Humanities or Arts hitherto known as the least preferred stream and limited to students who were interested in academic research, is now emerging as a sought-after career choice as today there are opportunities galore in this domain including some interesting, off-beat, and exciting career options. Arts now offer an array of career alternatives that are equally rewarding and fulfilling as the ones offered by Science or Commerce streams.
One can opt for career paths in Mass Media, Journalism, Literature, Languages, Social Service, History, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human Resources, and Economics. There is a variety of subjects to choose from including sociology, history, literature, psychology, political science, philosophy, economics, etc. Besides, in addition to the compulsory language, students have the option to opt for a second language as well. What’s after 10th?
OTHER CAREER PATHS AFTER CLASS 10:
Students can decide on job-oriented courses like Interior Designing, Fire and Safety, Cyber Laws, Jewellery Designing, Fashion Designing, etc.
Another option is to enroll in Polytechnic courses and those with a Polytechnic diploma can get admission in the second year of technical degree courses through the entrance exam as the subjects learned in polytechnic are the same as those in Engineering. Duration for a Polytechnic course is three years after 10th. What’s after 10th?
ITI Courses After 10th: ITIs or Industrial Training Institutes are schools that an individual can enroll in after completing class 10th to get proper trading and certification for industry-based employment. ITI courses are great opportunities for students who wish to complete any technical course or specialization within a short period. What’s after 10th?
What’s After 10th in ITI Courses
Tool and Die Maker Engineering
Draughtsman (Mechanical) Engineering
Diesel Mechanic Engineering
Motor Driving-cum-Mechanic Engineering
Information Technology & E.S.M. Engineering
Fruit and Vegetable Processing
Mechanical Instrument Engineering
Bleaching and Dyeing Calico Print
Letterpress Machine Mender
Enhancing of radio and television
The mechanic of medical electronics
Laboratory assistant of chemical plant
Hair and skincare
Hospital waste management
Short Term Courses
Similar to the diploma courses, we have a heap of short-term courses in the industry. According to the field, students may choose any particular domain or technology to elevate them in that respective field. These short-term courses will serve as an added advantage to the primary skills and graduation skills one possesses. What’s after 10th?
Short Term Courses for Agriculture
Certificate in Sericulture – This is a 6-month course in the production and rearing of silk.
Certificate in Bee Keeping – This is again a 6-month study rearing bees, honey collecting, and preserving them.
Diploma in Agriculture – This agricultural Science is a 2-year unique course dealing with all the agricultural knowledge.
Short Term Courses for Arts:
Graphic designing – This course is a practical six months training course with graphics, animation, and other things.
Beautician and Hairdressing– This course varies from duration of 3 months to 1 year.
Event Management – This course is available from 6 months to 1 year that provides good experience in handling events, meetings, and connecting with people.
Social Media Marketing – It is a 1-year course that trains students in creating quality content and reaching people through marketing skills.
A diploma in Food Technology – is a 3-year course that educates the students on nutrients, energy, food adulteration, and a few more.
SOURCE:- VARIOUS WEBSITES
DISCLAIMER: HUNT4EDU.COM does no longer owns this book neither created nor scanned. We simply offer the hyperlink already to be had on the internet. If any manner it violates the law or has any troubles then kindly mail us or Contact Us for this(hyperlink removal).
We don’t aid piracy this duplicate grows to be supplied for university youngsters who’re financially bad but deserve greater to examine. Thank you.